Welcome Back to School Webster Families!
On behalf of the Webster Elementary School PTA, we welcome all new and returning families to the 2014-2015 school year and Webster community.
Our PTA has been very busy this past summer, fine-tuning programs that will make this a fabulous year for our children. Through the strong volunteer efforts of our parents and the dedication of our teaching staff, Webster is able to offer many academic, artistic, and cultural activities throughout the school year.
This year, the PTA’s fundraising will provide our children with:
- A focus on Science: Reinstating the Science Lab and providing science kits for experiments and learning for all students.
- Funding at least two field trips per class.
- Quarterly assemblies with underlying Science and Cultural Arts themes.
- Additional equipment and supplies for both the classrooms and the playground.
- Support of our amazing teachers with a volunteer base along with volunteer training. Remember…your involvement is how our PTA stays strong and how our children achieve success…not effort is too small!
- Family and Parent Programs to continue our tradition of favorites like Science Night and the Multicultural Potluck…along with some new family events and a parent speaker series.
- Taking Gardening Angels to a new level. Stay tuned for the Harvest of the Month Program.
We would also like to introduce our new Webster website and the new and improved Webster Weekly e-news. These are both new tools for our families to continue to be kept up-to-date on the latest Webster news.
Cheers to an excellent school year!
Your PTA Co-Presidents
Soniya Perl Lori Keeffe